Saturday, November 10, 2012

Forward

After the election my Dad posted on Facebook:

"If you picked the wrong horse in the race, get over it and move on."

Easier said than done for many people. After the election Tuesday night, many people are bewildered and confused. There are many bitter people out there. And more than a few of them work where I work. They are totally caught up in their FOX News/Rush Limbaugh bubble that they actually believe that they and the rest of the country are of this mind set. It then becomes a huge shock to their system when the rest of the country does not agree. (I am not sure whether it ever sinks in that it is they that are the radical fringe - I suspect not).

More than a few people I work with refused to speak to me this week. My boss - who overall is a wonderful guy - looked at me with anger and contempt all week. It's as though they believe they only get one vote and I get 303 Electoral votes, and it was only me who did this.

But things sound hopeful. John Boughner this week called on the President, saying "This is your time, Mr. President. Let us reach agreements." That sounds very encouraging to me.

The Republicans have spent the last four years with one and only one agenda. Making sure Obama was a one term President. That didn't work. Now, since that didn't work big-time, there is encouraging signs that the GOP wants to get on with the business of the USA.

Let us hope. Boughner will undoubtedly stonewall the President on allowing the wealthiest 1% of our citizens pay their fair share. But maybe he will at least agree to stop subsidizing the five richest oil companies. That would be a start.

No comments:

Post a Comment